Academic Visitors at REES
Would you like to spend a term (semester) or more at Oxford as part of our Russian and East European Studies (REES) unit? Through our Academic Visitor scheme you can spend time in Oxford, affiliated to REES, in order to pursue a relevant independent research project. As an Academic Visitor you will be able to access many of the research and learning resources of Oxford University and will have full access to the events and activities across the Oxford School of Global and Area Studies (OSGA) of which REES is part. Please note that to become an Academic Visitor you should be an Academic, in post at another university or related institution and not a student. Doctoral students interested in visiting REES should apply to the Recognised Student programme.
What We Expect of You
We ask all our visitors to agree to the following:
- To contribute to the research environment of REES.
- To participate in the RESC/REES weekly seminar series.
- To provide a short profile about yourself and your research activity that may be added to the REES website.
- To be willing to present your work in a REES seminar.
What You Can Expect from Us
REES is able to provide the following:
- Introduction to REES and OSGA staff.
- A university card, which gives access to the Bodleian Libraries of the University, including online journals.
- University of Oxford email address.
- Inclusion in relevant mailing lists advertising events related to Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Access to the Russian Library at St Antony’s College.
- Involvement in the St Antony’s RESC Monday evening seminar and two post seminar guest night dinners per academic term.
- Access to the OSGA common room
- Access to teaching rooms in OSGA for seminar events if required and subject to availability.
REES is not able to provide assistance with any local logistics such as accommodation, schools, and travel bookings/VISAS. We ask that you do not request these services from our administrative staff. REES is unable to offer any financial support towards the costs of being a Visiting Academic.
The bench fee (affiliation charge) for Academic Visitors to REES during 2020/21 is £600 per academic term or £1,750 for a full academic year. Additional weeks (or short visits) are charged at the rate of £75.
All academic visitors to the Department must return a signed Visitors Agreement and where applicable present a copy of their VISA.
To apply, please send a CV and a one-page research proposal outlining your proposed project and explaining its relevance to the REES programme to the administrator at email@example.com